At Euro Poultry, one of the core values is that we make demands. Towards each other, our producers and ourselves. And when it comes to looking after our planet, and all those who live here, we also demand that we take responsibility.
Therefore, we have developed a CSR strategy. Based on the United Nations 17 global goals for sustainable development, we have selected a total of three goals, where we believe we can make a positive difference.
Below you will find a brief overview of the three global goals and the actions we take. In our , you can read the full version.
Global Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- The majority of our assortment has the so-called Keyhole label. This is the customer's guarantee that the products contribute to a healthy and varied diet.
- Antibiotic resistant bacteria are a high priority public health problem that kills 25,000 Europeans each year. Therefore, we offer poultry products that are raised without antibiotics.
- Internally in Euro Poultry, we have launched a number of initiatives that ensure that all our employees thrive in their daily lives.
Global Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- In our Code of Conduct, we have taken into consideration everything that can play a part in relation to sustainability, animal welfare, working conditions and food security. This gives you peace of mind in a busy day.
- Borders are no obstacles to quality, so we also trade with developing countries that live up to our Code of Conduct. In this way, we help ensure work, raise the living standards and improve the economy of those developing countries.
- We always focus on reducing food waste when developing products and packaging. That is, for example, why you will find a zipper in many of our Top Table bags.
- We cooperate with Euro Foodbank, which prevents food waste and food poverty in Europe. We do this through donation of our surplus goods, which are delivered to socially vulnerable children, young people and adults.
Global Goal 13: Climate Action
- When it comes to meat, poultry is far more climate friendly than beef, pork and lamb. So, by making this meat protein attractive every day for Europe's menus creators, we help reduce CO2 emissions
- We take sustainable responsibility in the use of palm oil. We only have a handful of products with palm oil, and they are all RSPO certified. This stands for Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil - an organization that we are also member of.
- Plastic is a threat to our climate – both on land and at sea. Therefore, we participate in the annual World Cleanup Day, where we collect plastic and create awareness towards the reduction of plastic.
- Internally, we also strive to be "green" in both thoughts and actions. We do this, among other things, by reducing transport, optimizing freight and correct waste sorting. Also, we are working towards printing all our marketing material in sustainable material.
Get our CSR report
Now, you have a brief overview of some of the CSR areas and initiatives that we focus on in Euro Poultry. You can read more about the various points and get the full overview in our .
If you have further questions about our CSR strategy, or have suggestions for other CSR related initiatives that we should support, you are always welcome to contact us.
You can also follow us on social media, where we regularly bring you updates from our various CSR initiatives.