Did you know that they eat Fried Chicken on Christmas Eve in Japan? Yeah, that’s right. Read more about why the Japanese turn to the crispy chicken for Christmas.
Additionally, get one of our consultants’ very easy (and secret) recipe for Fried Chicken or Chicken nuggets!
Kentucky Fried Christmas: KFC started a Japanese Christmas tradition
In Japan, they celebrate Christmas completely different than we do in the west. They don’t just celebrate with presents, they also eat Fried Chicken! And, believe it or not, KFC actually started this tradition.
Takeshi Okawara was the manager of the very first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant that opened in Japan. In 1974, he launched a national campaign promoting fried chicken as a delicious Christmas dish – and this has now become one of the largest Christmas traditions in Japan.
KFC has more than 1200 restaurants in Japan, and every year the Japanese must wait in huge lines at every single restaurant – only if they haven’t ordered well in advance, of course.
Recipe for Fried Chicken / Chicken Nuggets with corn flakes
Fried Chicken or Chicken Nuggets have always been a safe bet – and not just in Japan! That’s why we’ve been given permission from one our sales consultants to share this easy recipe for homemade fried, super crispy chicken (with cornflakes) with you and your professional kitchen! Make Fried Chicken for your guests with this easy, simple, and inexpensive recipe.
You can also use this recipe for other dishes, such as chicken burgers, pitta pockets, wraps, snacks, or a bao with delicious and crispy chicken.
2,5 kg chicken e.g. chicken breast fillet in dices or chicken breasts
5-7 dl flour
2-3 tablespoons of Paprika
3-4 tablespoons of salt and some pepper
Optional: 2-3 tablespoons of onion powder or garlic powder
800 - 1000g of cornflakes
Oil for deep frying or for frying on a frying pan
Tip! If you want to add a bit more spice to the breading, you can easily add a bit of cayenne pepper or crushed chili.
1. Use the diced chicken breast fillets in their actual size, but if you are using chicken breasts then cut them into appropriate sizes.
2. Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper (+ onion or garlic powder, if you like) in a platter
3. Whisk the eggs in a deep bowl
4. Crush the cornflakes in a bag, and then pour them into a bowl.
5. Fold the chicken meat in the flour and spices, and then fold them in the whisked eggs, and then finally in the crushed cornflakes.
6. Heat the oil to an appropriate temperature
7. Fry until golden and crispy (Before removing them from the oil, make sure that they are cooked all the way through)
If you are looking for ready-to-serve fried Chicken, then take a look at our large selection of processed breaded chicken here.
If you want any tips or advice on how to put other poultry-dishes on your menu, then as usual you are more than welcome to contact one of our consultants or check out some of our other interesting blog posts!