Chicken curry is a classic as far as cooking goes. And it’s a hit with adults and kids alike! This recipe offers a simple and tasty spin on the classic dish that’s easy to make in a professional setting and impossible not to love! The recipe is suited for around 20-25 guests, and the process is made even easier with our optional 2.5 kg bag of ready-to-serve chicken from Top Table!
- 1 bag of Top Table 2.5 kg ready-to-serve chicken (find our recommended choice of Top Table chicken further down this page)
- 4-5 regular onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 bundles of spring onion chopped into small pieces (feel free to use the green part of the spring onions, as this adds a bit of colour!)
- 2.5-3 litres of chicken stock (5-6 stock cubes)
- Add around 1 litre of cream or coconut milk, as desired
- 5-6 tablespoons of curry
- 4-5 peeled apples, chopped into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ground cumin, chili, and mango chutney, if desired
Sides & Garnish
- White rice
- Flat-leaf parsley or fresh coriander
- A whole dried chili/chili flakes, if desired
- Fry onions and garlic in the curry until golden (around 5 minutes), then pour in the bag of 2.5 kg ready-to-serve chicken from Top Table.
- Briefly sear the chicken, then cover with the chicken stock and the peeled, chopped apples. Cover, and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Pour in cream/coconut milk. Adjust the thickness of the curry sauce using cornflour or flour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the dish is almost finished, add the finely chopped spring onions.
- A quick tip! Add a few spoonful mango chutney, cumin, and chili to make the dish even tastier.
- Leave to simmer for a while – let the taste really settle into the dish!
- The curried chicken should, of course, be served with its trusted companion – boiled white rice. The dish can be garnished with fresh coriander or parsley and dried chili/chili flakes, if desired.
- Other than that, all we have to say is: Bon Appetit!
Recommended for curried chicken: ready-to-serve Top Table chicken
Chicken inner fillet: 5-10 g. / 10-15 g.
Product Number 1021091 / Product Number 1021131
For our curried chicken recipe, we recommend 5-10 grams or 10-15 grams, both of which are chopped into small pieces to suit your needs without compromising on taste or quality. Both products are delivered in 2x2.5 kg sealed high-quality bags pr. carton.
Kyllingeinderfillet: 35-45 g.
Product Number 1021091, 2x2,5 kg.
Alternatively you can opt for the ready-to-serve 35-45 gram inner fillet. This product allows you to add a unique, authentic touch to the dish. This solution is characterised by the same high quality, and it is also delivered in 2x2.5 kg high-quality bags pr. carton.
Read more and view our recommended Top Table products for curried chicken right here – feel free to browse the rest of the Top Table product range as well
Order chicken inner fillet in various sizes from your local retailer today – or do you need more help? Get in touch with one of our consultants!